Monday, August 22, 2016

Nepal Taja Asa Day 1



"For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink,  I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.'  Then they also will answer, saying, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to you?'  Then he will answer them, saying, 'Truly, I say to you, as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me."
Matthew 25:42‭-‬45 ESV

Mission has its way of transforming people. I read somewhere that many modern churches crave for revival as an end to itself, but what the Christian body really needs is a transformation. The Wesleys revolution was cited as archetype for this transformatiom, and that is for very good reasons.

Mission is like that too. For one, mission humbles. The value of stepping into the unknown is a journey of looking beyond what you are good at. I arrive at a phase with complete denial of any remaining strength, but a deep conviction that I am indeed very weak.

Mission meets the need. 2 very wholesome discussion with 2 sold out nepali brothers bring so much light; more so, bring so much hope, faith and love into the works.

"Leave the evangelism to the locals, because of the language barrier; you come and train the Nepali Churches, equip them. Nepali Churches are easy to start but difficult to manage."

"The only reason why Singapore is blessed and given so much is so that she can be a blessing to others. No other regions are like Singapore, and there can be no other reasons for Singapore to be given such undeserved favour."

"Organized short term mission trips are important and appreciated. 20-30 years of seeds sown; God will cause the growth."

"Mission works are not constrained within the definitive scope of spiritual growth. It is a whole package- influencing the social, emotional, physical, and spiritual aspects. What good is there to tell a person to have faith when he's mot having enough to eat? That is biblical. So come and bring ideas, bring knowledge, bring experiences, share with us. Help us to progress, help us to grow."

In all that we do, give thanks to God in everything, knowing that He is constantly at work, in line or apart from our plans. Give thanks, regardless.

No comments:

Post a Comment