Sunday, July 17, 2011

Godly encounter

Dear all, it's been a long time since I last spent any time of sufficient length with you guys! You guys have been a huge missing jigsaw piece in my puzzle of life! Now that I'm making my first step to re-integrate, I'm really beaming with excitement and zeal! Look forward to spending so many more meaningful Sunday afternoons and other times with you all!

Today I had so many things to share, and at the same time, so many people to meet. Above all, other people also had so many things to share too! Therefore, didn't quite have the chance to share with you all some wonderful encounters I had over the course of the past 2 weeks. Nevertheless, I think like many others, this is a nice problem to have- meaning God has been good to all of us, God has been so real, all of us have been experiencing Him in one way or the other, God has been so real- we are on track! ^^



2 weeks ago, that friday before my commissioning parade, I had a wonderful encounter with our Awesome Daddy God! It's so unbelievable and yet, so real! That was the first time in my life, and I was thoroughly overwhelmed, with joy, plenty of them!!!

I started the 40 day-fast (grey book) devotion earlier than the stipulated schedule and that particular Friday, I was already doing the 13th July's devotion. That day's devotion passage was taken from the 3 gospel on the parable of the sower- the one about being choked by thorns (distractions) in life, and a thought about that week's sermon was sparked- the 2nd commandment: do not make idols of any kinds! So I was trying to make sense of a lot of things.

The right-side pages of the daily devotion is titled "seek the Kingdom", and I was suddenly reminded (Gerry's verse for me) of Matthew 6:33. In reference to our church's goal this year, it seemed to click! God's glory; our pursuit! Seek ye first thy Kingdom. Seek and pursue seems to be pointing toward the same thing! But as I was about to equate seek with pursue on paper, I wrote purpose instead. It was amazing! I felt guided, not what I've intended, but what I've been revealed to.

I was stunned! At that point of time, pieces of puzzle began to slowly fall into place. Issues which have bothered me before, questions which I have shared withBernard Yee Meng Ann over meal, all of them were addressed. It felt like the pieces had come together, and before me stood the perfect showcase of God's masterpiece- His plan for us! 

So many were the evangelical events, but how about the internal growth. Inconsistencies, lack of commitment. Proverbs 19:21 "Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's PURPOSE that prevails. Yes, it's that word again! Gerry shared with me, if a cup has hole, it will never be filled no matter how we try to add water into it. 

Yet, that was not the end of it! I was prompted to look back to my commissioning day's devotion (10th July), and subsequently, the day's actual devotion (7th July). 10th July devotion talked about Mark 4: do not be obsessed with the know how, but be sheer faith, do what is required! WE OUGHT TO CONTINUE SOWING SEEDS!
7th July probabaly taught us about how we ought to react towards a prodigal son. How aptly each of them fell into place! 

So what about the PURPOSE that we've talking about? Replacing pursue with purpose, and write it beside the word "seek"... Seek connotes the element to search and look for, whereas pursue means going after. Have we found the kingdom/purpose already, or should we try to identify them first before embarking on a pursuit? 

As I scrolled through the list of memory verses I've compiled, it was pin-pointed. Joshua 1:16 "They answered Joshua, 'whatever you've commanded us we will do, whereever you send us, we will go." Isaiah 6:8 "And I hear the voice of the Lord saying, 'who will go for us,''whom shall I send?'And I answer, 'here I am Lord, send me!"

It's about us hearing Him, and availing ourselves for Him! It's about the expectation He has for us (Psalm 130: 5-6)! It's about being encouraged and keeping faith (Isaiah 42:16, Proverbs 3:5-6, Psalm 73:23-24)! 

So at the end of the day, we can proclaim with conviction John 17:4 "I have brought You glory on earth by finishing the work You gave me to do."

Praise the Lord!!!!


Hebrews 13:5 "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you."

No comments:

Post a Comment