Wednesday, April 18, 2012

When I see not, then faith shall be my eye. 
I am a turning-4-years-old Christian, and through this period of getting to know Him, I have been transformed in some ways which had pretty much evaded my attention. My attitude toward life, toward friends, toward people around me, toward myself, toward situation, have all taken a revolution. I dare not say I have become more holy, but I certainly hope that I have grown closer to Him, and the testament that I have become more God-centred is definitely a most-welcome compliment. And all these, I have only gratitude for Him.


13th May 2012.
It was Friday, the 13th. The tabooed day of the folklore.
Whether that particular day had been inauspicious, I have come through numerous of such. Statistics have it that it's not that difficult for a month's 13th day to fall on a Friday after all. However, this particular one, this one in May 2012, gave me a good prompt. 
The monthly prayer and praise took place a week later than usual due to the first Friday of the month being Good Friday. It was an unusual environment, and I was a different me from the previous time I was there. 4 years on, during which I have surrendered much, yet blessed much more; hurt much, yet comforted much more; lost much, yet gained much more, that night was going to be another one of those big nights.


Pastor prophesied over me. "A different path, a different journey, one that is different from everyone; there could be troubles, struggles or sacrifices, but it will bring glory; glory to Him." 
Pleasure, honor, prestige, excitement- this revelation would have been all of these if it had not been a second time. Slightly more than a month back, someone else told me almost exactly the same thing. It had seem like a heads-up for me more than anything else. After all, I am still a fresh undergrad, and even after that I would have a 4 year bond to fulfill. However good/cool it sounded, to me it all belongs to a distant future, of which I would gladly just wait in anticipation. 2 months on, it came back again. But why? IF it's for the distant future when I'm finally 28, then why that revelation again? Reminder? Prompt? Urge? 


Then came 2 or 3 sleepless nights (I cannot remember), the first of which gave me a weird impression. Medical condition, sounds like something that came from myself (except that this time round, it didn't feel like it). The pieces of jig-saw will fall into place eventually, but for a while I was knocked over. Confusion took over, hesitation, reluctance- the thing was buried, but the faith is returning. He will see me through indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment