Saturday, May 2, 2015

One Year Ago, Today...

Last year this time (2014), I took my bow and walked out from my university. 3 years of education drew quickly to a close. Much of the time I was searching for something- a purpose, a meaning, or perhaps even an escapade. But in searching for an answer, I gained much much more- friends who would walk with me for the rest of my life; friends who would transform my perspectives; friends whom I like and like me. 

Last year this time, I made a bold decision to graduate. It was a sacrifice to make, but more so a relief. That was quickly followed by my first solo-trip to conquer Rinjani, and then a trip to Kupang to visit my siblings from different parents, finally rounding off with my first ever trip to Khek Noi with Radion. 

I don't think it is fair to attribute any singular event as the milestone or turning point; but those were definitely significant moments in my life. A year on, the sentiments have only grown, and the convictions stronger. 


No comments:

Post a Comment