Wednesday, August 1, 2012

M.Y. Cell

Some months back, I decided upon a cell name for my cell. Convicted by the significance of names, especially its prophetic nature, I took a long time to finally make that decision. 
"M.Y Cell", an abbreviation for aM Yours, is a declaration of ownership and one of submission. That this is my group of brothers and sisters whom I am committed to walk with and to grow alongside, this is my God who loves me and whom I love; and individually we find our identity in You- that indeed I am Yours, wholly.
That seemed like a good name, and perceivably provided a good direction, yet for a long time I did not know how. It took a friendly poke for me to realize that perhaps my expectations might have been too unreasonable; or perhaps one reliance on Him for that name has set me off on an undesirable independence. 
31st July, a self-declared me-day had not gone according to plan, but at its closure, I got this:
John 17:10
"All I have is Yours, and all You have is mine. And glory has come to me through them."
Indeed these sheep whom I always claimed, are Yours. Who am I, that You would choose to light my way. Still you hear me when I'm calling, Lord you catch me when I'm falling, and you told me who I am. 
I am Yours! 
Teach me and help me; in building and in growing, let it all be done on the cross. Let Your presence be the inspiration(source) and reminder of our reliance upon You. Amen!
aM.Yours Cell

No comments:

Post a Comment