Thursday, September 27, 2012

The kid in me

It is something to thank God for! The rain- it always calms my soul! When it's stormy and windy outside; the numerous rainy scenes from the films always flashed by. I like rainy nights: it's perhaps the next closest thing to snow for someone whose only exposure to snow was from snow city. 
I like how the raindrops splash upon the cement ground outside; I like the shady view blurred by streaks of falling rain; I like the smell of the rain; I like the temperature (the wind from the fan is too disruptive). Above all, I like it at night because it gives the space for imagination. I like!
And I was looking for a nice rain picture, I came across this which reminded me of a childhood act. We used to fall origami boats and release them in the canals around the neighborhood, until one day we learnt that that's pollution. Sometimes, having little considerations preserve the inner boy/girl. Occasionally let loose, call out the kid in us. It's FUN!
The adventure in a child's heart;
the ride in the pumpkin carriage and a whirling magical dust,
a charge through the village, yee-ha the cowboy's shout he must!
Fairies' an integral part;
castles and horses the standard plot;
perfect if top off with a duel with a villain to be slain by a single shot.
All these are but a kid's innocent fantasy;
yet from it the big man left their legacy.
Keep an imaginative mind;
only treasure you will find.

Matthew 19:14
"Jesus said, 'Let the little children come to me,
and do not hinder them,
for the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to such as these.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment