Sunday, July 8, 2012

Ironing Out

Every few step forward I took, I stole a glance over my shadow (in a desperate attempt to check my progress: how far have I travelled).
______________________________________
It has been busier than expected. The current term of the military special term had been perceived as the more relaxed one, but somehow I've become busier- I must have been a really wonderful student to have been so diligent in keeping up with my readings and assignments! This is a good momentum that I definitely hope to last for the remaining of the school terms! Lord God, be my strength and my hope!
8 July 2012
This is also my confirmation date. On hindsight, when I first came to Christ I was already thinking about the confirmation name that I'd want for myself- Barnabas, just to name one. However, as things have turned out, I've stuck faithful to 'Judah' from baptism to confirmation, until now. God's praise- it means- though synonymous to betrayer Judas- is a huge name to live up to. Getting confirmed today has much significance as I stood alongside some of my closest siblings in Christ in the proclamation of our faith. O God, draw us closer to You and honor our desire to meet You. 
I'm just glad it came at a time so perfect. That it was in through the falling that I saw my need for help. Many head knowledge had fallen on deaf ears before, so it's not those that I needed. It is a personal touch, one that soothes the heart, and one that comforts the wound, and one that relieves the pain. It made a conspicuous entry- no drama, no fireworks, no announcements, not even a trace- but the effect was obvious. I feel renewed! And it was only then that I realize how far that heart condition could be traced.. Regardless, the breaking of the roots represents a cause for joy, and I give thanks for all that have came to past- and thank God for the sustenance through it all. Today, I'm once again feeling good about myself, and the root of it is because I am a prince in God's Kingdom- the gradual revelation continues to blow my mind off each time!
Thank God indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment