Thursday, July 5, 2012

Overcoming a 'need' (not so big)

"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me."
Psalm 23:4

If the previous struggles were spiritual hurdles, then my current situation has got to be a major obstacle to overcome. My recent posts always pointed to a renewal of faith which dated back to mid December 2012. Today, I continue to rejoice and take pride in that particular feat, one which lifted me high and helped me feel really close to Him. 
Yet, while in the midst of that spiritual high, I somehow became angry, angry at the perceived negligence. It was a short span of a few weeks (at best, 2), but it felt long. These 2 weeks, I carried on with the routinized reading of the Word, and even muttered prayers, but all were done without the Spirit. I felt drained, and felt disillusioned. Coupled with the CHC incident (of which I continue to decline to give my comment), I guess it took a bad toll on me. Why, God, why?
But having come through it, like how our faithful Father always stuck by His promises to bring us through the various 'difficult periods' in life, I attest to His faithfulness. I challenge the notion of while I am still "far off", because that has never been the case. He loves us too much to let us wander too far away from Him, so even when we turn from Him, He continues to linger and watch from nearby/behind. Then, I got reminded of how He had known me before I met Him when I was 17. 17 years of prior silent companionship- how noble is that! 
I am going to be in love again!
Thank You Daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment