Sunday, June 24, 2012

Isaiah 6:8

One of the few phases where there were so many takeaways. And I just want to thank God for these miracles that are blowing me off balance. Some days later, I am probably gonna be lamenting again about not seeing or hearing, so I declare rejection to such possibilities! And I pray for sustenance!
At various points in life, there are bound to be that few important people who made a difference, or to quote Dewitt Jones, made a contribution in my life. There is of course my besty Joel who means so much in so many areas in my life; then there are the few whom I look up to as I grow and learn. Today, a person who holds a special fort in my heart spoke and it, un-disappointingly made so much sense. 
J.Chean was the first guy whom had helped me hear my calling, even before I came to Christ. That was almost 4 years back when I visited another church, and the sermon was rooted on missions. It was crazy! I had not even known Christ then, but that sermon was powerful- and I was shaken. The story about Corn put me on nerves, and I sought to find out. 4 years on today, I have come to Christ, and J.Chean continues to mean a lot to me, and I was just so glad to see him, and to be able to hear from him again. There's always some kind of excitement when I see him- likewise during GDOP! 
Amongst the many, he shared about the motivation for mission, that it should stem from a love for God, not the needs of the world. What wisdom! Thank God indeed!
There are so many testimonies- how I've managed to clear certain stuffs, how different people are placed into different areas of my life etc. Relieve* All these, I just want to acknowledge that God is good (has been so, and will always be so)!
                  Isaiah 6:8
  "Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying,
                                'Whom shall I send?
And who will go for us?'
             And I said,
'Here am I. Send me!"'
Those were not a question for Isaiah, but in the context, there were God, angels and Isaiah himself. He saw the goodness and recognized the privilege instead of the sacrifice that going for God entails. 

No comments:

Post a Comment