Thursday, June 7, 2012

Sentimental

At some point in our lives, we are bound to have felt that way. How Marina Keegan illustrated in her final article for Yale's paper, also her last in her life. For a long period, life has been so segmented and compartmentalized that I had seemed to be 2 or 3 replicas of myself in the different environments. I behaved differently- perhaps too caught up with any particular aspect. 
I pretty much had what she had- hall life, activities, chill-outs, friends, but because of the mini differences that I've grown to aware of that I shrunk. My personality has adapted to make these awkwardness feel natural- the deliberate disinterest toward the bigger community. 
Then I read Keegan's article- seemingly her farewell to her college life/friends to embark on a new phase in life, and ironically the finale of a new chapter which has yet to begin. It prompted me to look back and reassess how I have had spent my time. Learning how to enjoy silences and solitudes became excuses for me to shut myself away in the room. In contrast to Keegan's love and attachment to Yale, I began to wonder how would it be like when I finally finish my studies and head back to work...


Let's make something happen to this world- it starts with myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment