Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Why I Stopped Paying to Go for Conferences


Today is Kingdom Invasion. Somewhere last year I came to some sort of resolution that I wouldn't be going for anymore conferences in the near future at least. 

One of the biggest things that struck me was Heidi Baker's message during one of the night sessions. It must be understood in context, but I can only remember this one portion that really stayed with me, so please don't jump to conclusion about her from whatever I'm gonna say. 

She was sharing about how she decided to set off to Mozambique (that was before Iris ministry was started), and at that point in time, everything resonated within me. 

She said she didn't like the christians in church back then. I forgot the exact words she said, but the gist of it is something like "I don't like those people in church, those who have been fattened by their comfort, their wealth etc." So for her, she chose to leave her comfort zone (if I ever leave my comfort zone, it probably wouldn't be that big a sacrifice): which included a very good education (she has PHD), promising future etc, and stepped into the unknown of Mozambique where she didn't have any foundations to begin with. So today Iris ministry is what it is, and we can only truly say that it's God's grace working in her life. 

My favorite of the whole sharing is this: they can stay in their church and roll around and laugh (and have manifestations after manifestations), but for her she rather go out amongst the poor. 

So that kinda summarized one of my big reasons for not wanting to go for another one since then. I got what I needed to hear, and I caught some kind of heart about this. Each has their choice, and each has a personal relevance or importance to head back to receive more. I probably would be receiving more if I head back, be it a reminder or encouragement, or even a revelation. But for me right now at least, I hold a conviction. I don't want to go back as an audience, and I don't want to head back to feel good. I rather use my 90 bucks to print 7 extra shirts to sell for my blessing project than to buy a ticket. Those impartations are fresh, and I also want to be where God's dwelling in, and these are all powerful anointed speakers who carry a huge call from God, but hey... God is with me and in me right now where I am too, and I tell you a secret: I'm receiving secret training from my Master in private. =)

However, once again each has his own choice, and no qualms with those who head back a second or a third time. God's goodness is to be enjoyed, and those who are keen to receive, He will freely pour out. Have fun in Kingdom Invasion 2014! I'm sure it will be an awesomely blessed time!

And of course, there are those who have been called specifically to go for a specific spiritual work that is to be done via that particular act of faith. I bless you all in Jesus's name, and may you all be empowered to bring and pull Heaven unto Earth. I'm sure it has been a powerful rocking in that realm! 

As for myself, my ministry is a relational ministry, not a massive explosion. So the next time I go for a conference again, heh.... I won't go there as an audience... The next time I go, it will be by invitation. As a minister or as a speaker even. Here I am, send me, Lord! =D

Meanwhile, let Your plan unfold in my life! Amen! 

No comments:

Post a Comment