Saturday, March 31, 2012

God's goodness in everyday life (little testimony)

Today we had a tutorial on the sociology of religion, and many of the discussion questions were centered upon Christianity, especially with reference to the recent crusade incident. 
Today, one of my Christian friends crashed the tutorial, and together with this other guy from crusade, we were being split into the 3 corners in the class in different discussion groups (I believe it's God's divine design). I don't know about the other groups but I firmly believe that all had been fruitful. When it's time for sharing, there were many instances where Christianity in particular was being persecuted, how the adoption of terms such as armor, crusade connote a notion of aggressiveness in the advertisement/packaging in religion competition (as had been phrased). 
I just want to thank God for the courage that the three of us had been able to stand up for our faith, to clear misconception and clarify misjudgment non-believers have of us. It's a very fruitful discussion, and the lecturer even acknowledged some of our points.
It feels really good, and for the first time, I feel proud about my identity in Christ, and how we have been able to correct in peace. 
My friend shared that for the first time, she caught a glimpse of how being persecuted feels like (rephrased*), and if it's really that, I think I caught a glimpse of how James rejoice in his sufferings, and how Paul consider it a privilege to suffer for Christ! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment