Tuesday, November 1, 2011

17 November 2011 is a 100 days from my 21st birthday. I thank God for many impressions and all, and I really do not want to be just see-er or hearer, but genuinely, do-er of His works. So I pray for discipline that I will swing them into actions real soon. 

I'm so gonna identify 21 most important people in my life, and do a little something which I'm decently good at (sketch perhaps) for each of them. Over the course of this 100 days, I'm gonna identify many people, and send them one (Jesus loves you) verse each day until my birthday. I just wanna convey His love to you, my dear ones! (since this blog is kinda secluded, I'd like to dedicate such commitment to Daddy God<3) 


Reflection: 
I've been walking around in circles- big ones, small ones; rounds ones, not so perfect ones. With the passing of each day was the passing of a million other things that we could have done without. I like the concept of a carefree life, and I admire the ways in which the birds could live out that previous claim. Matthew 6:26 "Look at the birds in the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barnes, and yet your Heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?" This is the what the Word says, and this is what many of us believers were told to believe, albeit all difficulties that living in such a society suggests. 

One day while I was constructing one of these many circles, I was particularly strongly impressed that why should God be satisfied with that 5 or 10 minutes we squeeze out from our daily insanity for Him, when even those 5-10 minutes had to be rushed to squeeze back in the things we have deliberately taken out to make space for Him. How about an analogy? Ever tried forcing in one file too many into the already packed shelf, and when all seem to have finally settled in place, the file jumps back out at us? 
If our lives are like this, perhaps we've overloaded ourselves. Sometimes we pray for an intervention, for Him to free up some time to help us turn to Him, but often when such times become available, we began filling them up with other stuffs apart from Him, and end up overloading ourselves. 

God is the God of our lives, and our lives belong to Him- our time, our effort, our attention, our all in all (not that one pathetic slot while we are about to sleep, when we are commuting between places, or when we are using the toilet). Having God in every aspect of our lives is a deliberate "living out". It's not easy, but through Him, it can be done. Then, it's all about us being submissive. 

We are told to be witnesses to the world, we are told to demonstrate His love, we are told to spread the Good News, we are told to make disciples, we are told to love, we are told to be like Him. 

Have we realized, all these are centered upon Him. 

Being the gracious Father, He gave us some space to do what we want- to build meaningful relationships, to develop our talents and interests, to strive for worldly success, to work for luxuries and comfort, to build a reputation and status.

But let us remember, He remains the Driver on the cart. When we get so distracted on accumulating "worldly commodities", to the extent that He gets pushed out of the picture, we lose our directions, and even get grounded. 

No comments:

Post a Comment