Sunday, November 20, 2011

Testimony 2011- my life as a Christian (until now)

Perhaps I have never realised, but now I do. That You have always been working in so many areas of my life, but I was too blind to notice. Excuse* I have been too preoccupied with other things to even bother. It's been 3 years already.I always thought when I first came to You, I must have been at my hottest pursuit, but You proved me wrong again. Your works in my life is beyond what I can fathom. Many are the plans of the fools, but it's Your plan which will ultimately prevail. Amen to that! 

2 years ago, I entered God family. I came across the name Judah and was fascinated (I did not know the existence of a Judas Iscariot back then, having started from Genesis) and I picked it myself. We always say we should pray in order for You to be involved, but now I say we pray in order to acknowledge Your involvement. It's really to build us up. And that name, it has been a humbling experience, to be teased and ridiculed. More so, it taught me it's the meaning of the name which we have to live up to, not the lives of the predecessors that we have to model. Anyway, I learn recently that in that 500 years of silence, a Judah came up against one of the ruling powers to keep the Jews free. So thank You for the encouragement. 

Thereafter, I put myself through a season away from You. There've been moments where I seek You. Wrong* There've been moments where I thought I need You. Wrong* There've been moments when I tried You... Yes, regardless of how highly I might have verbally regarded You, on retrospect, I think I've only seen You as one of the many alternatives to help me cope with some of my life's worst experiences. 

Yet, despite all those, You've always been faithful, longing for my return.

I don't know when it started. I'm now more able to come to terms with facts like I'm no longer doing as well in school after I have come to Christ. To begin with, You've been missing in all my pursuits. 

Lord, I prayed for a changed heart. And I thank You for helping me cry. My previous letter talked about an anticipation, and I'm really convinced and excited about what You have in store for me. These 100 days, Lord, speak to me (and help me to listen)! 

In Jesus's name I pray,
Amen

Your Son,
Judah



A longing, only You can fill <3

No comments:

Post a Comment