Wednesday, November 23, 2011

94- most expressive

Daddy God,
I have just come back to hall. It's been a nice few days at home with the company of my family. How Astounded I was when I discovered how long it had been since I last watched any television programs, even more so how much longer has it been since I last enjoyed a good laughter with my family. All in all, it's been a blessed period, just to be in each others' presence, and of course I ought to learn to appreciate them more. 


Every bit we drift contributes to the distance we create between You and us. You have never moved, but like an indulgent kid, every bit of added comfort prompts us to explore a little further, sometimes even forgetting the "You" whom have so faithfully halted in anticipation of our return. Until one day we drift so far (during which we may be blown off our feet by the marvels of the world forgetting the same Creator whom we share; sometimes the fun of the world gets the better of us that we forget that the one most meaningful relationship has been jeopardized; other times we even embrace the "perceived better" only to trudge upon the foundation of a love story), so far away that the void calls out pain, and the waiting One cries out hurt.


Daddy, will You just keep me. While tonight may not have been like the past few and the "feel-good" might have been so much lesser, but Lord, just keep me close. Let me praise You not only in good times, but also in bad, for You're the God of my life- even the bad can be meant for Your goodness. 


Genesis 50:20
"You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives."


Indeed Lord, I am not good enough, neither do I know enough, but in You I shouldn't ask for anything else. 


Your son,
Judah

(exhaustion*)
Sometimes the most expressive sentiment does not come in word-forms.
In desperation, all we need is to reach out our hands,
and His would have already been outstretched for us to take.

John Piper: "God is most glorified when I am most satisfied in Him."
Psalm 23:1
"The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not be in want."

No comments:

Post a Comment