Monday, January 30, 2012

25- one step closer

Daddy,
2 books of Chronicles, shared between them centuries of Your goodness. I felt a striking resemblance. With the church, with my own personal life, with my relationship with You. It is mind-blowing how You have made that kind of covenant that always allowed Your stray kids to turn back to You. So many occasions we have tasted Your goodness, but in this sinful self we always deviated. From a reader's point of view, the kings seemed narrow and foolish, to not recognize that You have been, are and will be the Only Way; yet as I dwell deeper and drew the connections that I share with them, I realize that indeed apart from You I really cannot do much. It is the constant reliance on You that draws us near to You. Pride pries us away from You; denial erects a partition; temptation blurs the vision; stubbornness deafens the ears. What a reminder for us to remain faithful, a warning for us to not take things into our own hands, a promise that You are in every part of what is going to happen.
Daddy, I thank You for the group that I am in. The fellowship and the experience I thank You for them! Just as the thorn continues to prick within me, I pray for Your deliverance. Grant me Your peace and guide me in all my doings. Speak to me as You would to David, so that my head will always be orientated to Your presence. May Your voice be the steering force within me, and help me fulfill the task You have for me. Lord, I trust that You are the One who is always in control and I trust in Your promises in Jeremiah 29: 11 that You know the plans Your have for us, plans to prosper us and not to harm us, plans to give you a hope and a future. So Lord, I claim that promise and speak that of the cell that You have entrusted into my hands. That indeed You have a good plan for each and everyone of them, that through me You will bless them, that You will utilize me mightily to demonstrate Your prowess, Your love, and Your goodness in their lives. Lord, I pray for Benjamin, Ryan and Eleanor, that as they stand on the starting point of this long race, You will have their eyes fixated on 2 Timothy 4: 7. Help them to always look to You. Lord, mould them from within and may Your gentleness be upon them as they learn Your ways, to be more like You each day.
Lord, I also wanna pray for Timothy and Keith that You will continue to keep them as they continue to seek You. Lord, You are the King and Master of our lives, so Lord, I pray for You to continue to speak to them. They know what You have done, so Lord, I pray for You to work in their hearts. Bless them richly through Your faithfulness and bring them close to You always.
Lord, I pray for Joseph that as we arrive at this cross-road in our lives, that You will keep us and help us. May You strengthen this relationship between us, and may it be established ever more strongly with You as its centre. Lord, I pray for humility. Humble our hearts so that we will learn from each other, and may You grant us the gentleness and sensitivity. Help us to consider others better than ourselves and continue to strive to become more like You in every way!
In Jesus's most precious name I pray,
Amen!
Your child,
Judah
A Savior King,
abandoned His throne to go through physical sting.
What great love He showed;
for our sake He endured.
So that today He can assure that He understands,
the pain and sorrow He withstands.

Philippians 2: 3
"Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves."
John 17: 4
"I have brought You glory on earth by completing the work You gave me to do."

No comments:

Post a Comment