Monday, January 9, 2012

48- reality check

Daddy,
Why is it so difficult to sustain a relationship? It's been said that it's about love, some even said it's about agape love. But I am just a human, a not so strong one even. I thank You for that one, and sometimes become a little fearful of an over-reliance, so I yearn for more. But it's so tough to establish any kind of trust near that level, and it pricks rather painfully when it's not reciprocated. Perhaps it's the impression that I gave? I have already departed from the past, and I only yearn for deeper relationships, as friends... One that resembles that one- which foundation hinges beyond time spent together or what not, which centers on Christ and church. Daddy, ask and it will be given, so I pray that You will help me to be genuine and help me to be a good enough friend to my peers. It should all began from self, so I pray for You to reveal to me areas which I can improve in, and I commit that part of myself to You. Mould me into Your likeness, and make me a good friend in Christ. 
Today, I witnessed the transiting of my P6 boys up to Poiema. It was a weird moment, one with a lot of anticipation. An exciting prospect awaits, and I just want to echo the prayer. Daddy, as I take up the responsibility to mentor them (Ryan and Benjamin), I pray for You to lead me and guide me in all that I do, that they will be able to see You through me. I pray for a personal encounter with You for each of them, that Your hand will be behind every development they undergo. Touch their lives, and draw them close to You. Grow them up to become Godly young men who walk after You.
As another season begins, Daddy, I pray for Your healing touch and strength to be upon all who are tired. I thank You for the reducing number of names on the sick list, so I pray for Your anointing to be upon this year of 2012. I continue to be convinced that 2012 will be an exciting year for Your work, and I walk in full anticipation for Your revelation. Daddy, help me keep faith, and I continue to ask for the gift of tongues. 
In Jesus's most precious name I pray,
Amen!
Your child,
Judah
A common path we took our strides;
Sticking with one another through life's tides.
A sturdy shoulder,
My faithful brother.
This friendship in Christ I give thanks,
Immeasurable by time, values beyond franc's.

Proverbs 17:17
"A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity."

No comments:

Post a Comment