Thursday, January 12, 2012

43- discipleship

Daddy,
The school term has started at its usual slow. Don't really know what to expect and whatever resolution I have made, I really pray hard that I will keep to them. Is 5 a realistic target? I gotta start working soon. A million other things seem so much more enjoyable to do, so Lord, I pray for You to help me focus. Help me to discover the motivation and help me to convert whatever energies I have into doing the things I should do, and keep me from procrastination. Lord, this is a new season I have stepped into. I was close with You, I was convinced, so let me not stray for You. I am a forgetful man, but Lord, You never forget. Hold me close to You and help me to look to You ever more.
Lord, I pray for Gabriel. Thesis seems like a tough things, and he's not having it good in any sense. You have blessed him with good results, and You have kept him close to You. So Lord, I pray for Your peace to be with him. Help him Lord, he's in much struggles. But Lord, I just want to pray for You to grant him Your joy. Take His eyes away from the worries, and be with Him. For all things work for the goodness of those who love You. I thank You for his heart to serve, so Lord, I pray for You to be with him always. 
Lord, I pray for myself too. It seems like a good season, one which I really like. On hindsight only then I realize the joy to be in sync with You. Lord, let me not forget this feeling. I am still feeling good, and things are still pretty much on track, but I pray for You to prepare me. Help me to find strength to go on this path strong, but even more so prepare my heart so that when it finally turns bitter, I will continue to have You with me. Each drop I leak away, Lord, I pray for You to top it up 10 times more. I yearn to serve You, and Lord, let this servitude not fade with time.
Indeed it is a joy to serve You. I thank You for all these opportunities. I pray for You to speak. I have not been earnest enough to hear, but Lord, I pray for a personal encounter with You. Each time I feel away from You, Lord, I pray for You to draw me closer a hundred times. I yearn for the gift of tongues, and as I continue to struggle to maintain a healthy prayer life, Lord, I pray for You to sustain me. Help me to build up this relationship with You in words. Help me to grow stronger in You, and help me to become a better person. Lord, chisel away whatever's not of You, and keep me in Your likeness.
Finally, Lord, I continue to pray for Poiema. My 2 sheep (Ryan and Benjamin), I pray for You to guide them. Develop them and mould them, so that as they grow, their eyes will always be fixed on You and they will grow to become Godly men after You. Lord, I pray for meaningful relationships to be built between us. Above all, I pray for Your guidance on this shepherding. Lord, only You know the plans You have for them, and I pray for Your revelation to unfold before me. 
I also want to pray for closer friends. Lord, I pray for Joel, Faith, Alvin, my sister, Charmaine, Linnette. Lord, these are Your children, and I thank You for each of them. As we all cross into a new year, draw them back to You and help them to live out Your plan more. Lord, I pray for personal encounter for each of them. They are wonderful people, and each has a role to play in Your plans. So Lord, I commit all of them into Your hands, guard them from the temptations of the world, and turn their eyes to You at all times. Whatever it may be, may Your will be done on earth as in heaven.
Lord, I also want to pray for Alicia. Lord, thank You for opportunities and Your arrangement for her to be amongst us. I pray that You will use her mightily. The current job may be tough, but Lord, You are the God of all things. You are the God of provision. So I pray for Your sustenance to be upon her. Lead her as she lives out her life, guide her as she follows You.
Lord, I also want to pray for Tanjong Penang. Thank You for the desires to make changes. Lord, I pray for Your hands to continue to move amongst Your work. May You guide us to where You have designed for us to proceed in. Lord, You know best, and if anything is to come into fruition, it will be of Your will. Lord, I pray for Aunty Steph and Aunty Elisha. These are the people with a burden for the locals, so I pray for You to work through them. Grant them Godly wisdom and discernment as they make the necessary decisions. Lord, I put my faith in You.
Finally Lord, I pray for my hall, and the school's ministry in general. Serving You should not be tiring and we should definitely not burn out from serving You for Your yoke is lighter than ours. So Lord, I pray for You to move amongst the leaders. I pray for a revival, a replenishment. Refresh Your servants, so that they will not be too task-oriented. Lord, fill all of them up, and may Your presence move more mightily than ever in this place. 
In Jesus's most precious name I pray,
Amen!
Your child,
Judah
Sacks, luggages, purses and bags;
with the flow of the world the boy tags.
An exchange between dusk and dawn;
the endless pursuit he has gotten on.
Daddy, Daddy he needs Your guidance; a joy in You he knew he'd gain.
Relief in the silence; an offer he could only amen.

Matthew 11: 28-30
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

No comments:

Post a Comment