Saturday, January 21, 2012

34- in the grip of grace

Daddy,
I thought I had become numb to emotions. One hurt could really have been a hurt too much, that drown out all other emotions. I think I have been in that state for a prolonged period. Right now, today the flood is finally beginning to subside. At least I see the protrusion in the water of what had been the tip of a statue. I felt anger, felt forgiven, felt embraced, felt in awe. All these, in a day, and I got reminded of where I have wanted to be. Whatever joy, whatever satisfaction; yesterday's poem really spoke. I am just like the israelites, so vulnerable so prone to complacency. 
If I can give it a go, I want to dedicate this phase in my life to You and school. Lord, help me to target-lock onto those two. Let me now be distracted, let me be motivated, let me feel the keenness. I pray for genuine enjoyment and passion in this pursuit!
Lord, today I want to pray for 2 of my friends. 
I want to pray for my 8-years friend Daniel. Lord, I thank You for this friendship that even before I knew You, You've had him placed in a part of my life. Lord, I praise you for Your goodness, that You have kept it going even after 8 years, that despite so much differences in characters, You have kept us close. On this special day when he turns 21, Lord, I want to commit him into Your mighty hands and trust that he too has a purpose in Your plan. Lord, may Your works unfold and would You just use me and anyone mightily that he may come to acknowledge Your works in his life. May he finally see the truth, and may the truth finally be in him and set him free!
I also want to pray for Faith. I thank You for her heart, that she has been such a blessings to those around! I thank You for placing her in my life, that whatever evolutions, both of us have been moulded and changed in Your ways. Lord, You are the Healer and I pray for Your healing hands to be upon this relationship. That You will remove any remnants of any hurt, but really to grow together in this family of Christ. You see my struggle, but I trust that You are in control nevertheless. Lord, will You just help me commit my heart and let me not waver in any ways. And for her, Lord, I pray for Your presence to be with her. And like what the book mentioned, "say yes to God". So will You just grant her the willingness to always say yes to You in every command You give. I pray that You will bless this friendship and let it grow in many years to come.
Lord, on the eve of the eve, I also want to pray for the new cell. I want to continually ask of Your guidance and seek Your directions. Lord, will You just guide Your servants and open the eyes of our heart, that we may see Your purpose for any development. Help us to be in sync with You through any means by which You will speak. Talk to us for we desire to hear You and help us to say yes to You too! I pray for Benjamin, Ryan, Timothy, Keith, and Eleanor. These young lives, I will continually commit them into Your hands and help us to lead them onto paths that will please You. And as You speak to Joseph, I pray for discernment, that You will help him to hear You even clearer, and as he becomes convinced of this season of salvation, may he learn to rely You more and more to do Your works! 
Finally Lord, I just want to pray for myself. Will You just reveal to me what I ought to see. For I do not know Your ways, but I want to follow You. Will You just speak to me and give me any signs or visions of Your plans at least for this season in my life. May I lead it in ways pleasing in Your eyes. And I continue to pray and seek for Your gift of tongues. May You just help me to overcome my frailties and serve You with all my heart and soul!
In Jesus's name I pray,
Amen!
Your child,
Judah
Images in their vagueness, a surreal spell of closeness.
Memories linger;
the story which began in the manger.
A thousand voices compete for my attention,
yet not one triumphs over the truth contention.

Isaiah 30: 21
"Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying,
'This is the way; walk in it.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment