Monday, January 9, 2012

47- Getting poised

Daddy, 
Somehow things always seem so much clearer from hindsight. A blind conviction led me to finish 40 over chapters from the book of Job without really knowing much what to expect, and today it came back strongly, convincing of Your great purpose and goodness in our lives. 
Today I made a case- there is a season for everything. It's good to be doing works in Your name, and there are so many works to be done. It is particularly pleasing to see the hearts for You, a burden You have placed upon many to reach out to the lost ones. But today, I took up a tough decision. I thank God for people whom understand, really. If I want to set up a cell in NUS, these 3 will definitely be in it. Now I understand why Bryan was hesitant against joining one of such kind, because of a potential rift, more accurately put, a misfit of focuses. Thank You for helping me to decide, and I pray for You to continue to be with me as I make more decisions in the coming days. Lord, may what I do be pleasing in Your side.
Lord, today is the release of O'levels results, and I pray for You to minister to the hearts of these kids. Lord, I give You thanks for the past many years that You have given opportunities to Singaporean kids to receive good education. It is by Your grace and by Your mercy that we are able to enjoy such privilege, so I don't want to take it for granted. May You continue to reign and may Your name be glorified in this nation as more people come to know You.
Lord, I just want to continue to pray for Ryan and Benjamin. The beginning of a new chapter in life, may their life-stories hinge on the fact that You are the centre, the Lord and Savior of their lives. Develop them and continue to impress upon their hearts Your marvelous plans.
Lord, finally, I want to pray for myself. As I brace myself for a new season, may Your presence continue to be felt. Help me to always look to You, and guard my vision, so that I will neither turn to the right or to the left, but always have my sight fix on You. Lord, help me look to You in all that I do, and help me to walk closer with You. I pray for the gift of tongues, that as I desire to speak to You more. Lord, bless this relationship I have with You and may Your joy pour out from within, as I continue to dwell in Your Spirit.
In Jesus's most precious name I pray,
Amen!
Your child,
Judah
Calmly I stand in brace;
gladly, we receive Your grace.
A voice in the silence I hear my Father speak (1 Kings 19: 12),
In obedience I respond, a vow I will not break (Isaiah 6: 8)

Ecclesiastes 3: 1
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven."

No comments:

Post a Comment