Sunday, January 8, 2012

49- Picking up pace

Daddy, 
What is to come, what comes, what has come? I think it has been a wonderful get-together for the family, and it is definitely a shame that we could only have it once a year (along that line). Ample time can appear to be very fearsome. And that is perhaps why I have been looking forward to each day's activities as the previous one conclude. 
I think I know why I feel so lousy. The fact that I have been unable to stick to a cause till the end of the commitment makes me question myself of my character, my attitude. It seems irresponsible, and no matter how I justify myself, the feelings suck! Yet, I have not come to please men, but for Your purpose alone I ought to live. So Lord, please help me with such cause. Protect me and guard me against such thoughts.
Lapses in concentration and guild, plus lack of followups, prompted and pushed for more space. I feel a little off-paced, but I want to continue to commit. As the unfamiliarity of a new year finally kicks in, Lord, keep me to the original cause. Help me to retain that excitement, that 2012 will indeed be a special year. 
Help me to continue to commit, and I wanna pray for te gift of tongues still. Help me pray as I seek to build up and sustain my prayer life. 
For the kids in a new environment, Lord, be with them and help them to settle. The first week must have been fun and exciting, and I just want to pray that You will continue to touch their hearts. Help them to look to You and reveal Your purpose for their lives. Daven, Ryan, Benjamin, Jana, Jolyn. Stir up the passion for You!
In Jesus's name I pray,
Amen!
Your child,
Judah
The journey ahead looks bleak;
a halt I crave, in You I found my break.
What will and is and has been,
Your will, can't miss, beyond my sin.

Hebrews 2: 18
"Because He Himself suffered when He was tempted,
He is able to help those who are being tempted."

No comments:

Post a Comment